Summer Reading Fun
Below is a list of four books. Please pick one of the books to read over the summer and then pick how you would like to report back to me about the book. You have three options as to how you would like to complete your book project.
1. You can fill out the fun form below.
2. Write and illustrate a comic strip about a scene from the story.
3. Create some type of 3D model. Using anything allowed by your parents, you can create your favorite scene from the book. With the model be sure to include two or three sentences describing the scene and why you picked it.
Book Choices (please pick one to read and then complete your book project)
George Washington’s Teeth by Deborah Chandra
Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer by Megan McDonald
Stuey Lewis Against All Odds: stories for the third grade by Jane Schoendberg
Quinny & Hopper by Adriana Brad Schanen
Parents and caregivers:
Encourage your child to read more than just one of the books listed or other age appropriate books. If you would like a longer list of 3rd grade appropriate books please let me know.
One marble copy book
● Two pocket folders
● One box of crayons (16 count)
● One box of colored pencils (no more than 12 count)
● One box of colored markers (no more than 12 count)
● One package of #2 pencils
● Two glue sticks
● 2 extra erasers
● Two black fine tip dry erase markers
● Box of tissues
● Clorox wipes
● Small box of forks
● Small box of spoons